Background

Friday, October 18, 2019

Hi There!

Hi friends! I am happy you are here with me. I wanted to introduce myself and introduce this blog and the intention I have with it. A few facts about me:

     * I am a mom of 4 (1 girl and 3 boys)
     * I have been married to my awesome husband, Dane for 21 years
     * I run a children's singing group called "Starlight Singers"
     * I love singing and teaching music
     * I have a passion for learning and talking about emotional  and mental health
     * I love talking and connecting with people, especially teens
     * I am in school studying marriage and family and am working to be a marriage and family counselor
     *I grew up in Sandy, Utah and have lived in Texas, Ohio, and currently in Southern California

A few years ago I had some challenges come up in my life that caused me to have to grow. I needed to expand my way of thinking to be able to handle the situations in my family. I started studying and reading about the human brain and emotions and became obsessed. One of the most important things I learned was that my thoughts directly cause my emotions which in turn create an action and gives me the results in my life. I didn't realize that I had been feeling stuck and totally had the power to change the way I felt. I have tools and ideas that helped me and I know can help others. I have seen this in action with so many people and my intention is to get this information to as many people as possible to bring that relief and peace that we are all looking for. There are so many challenges in our world right now and being a teenager is tough! There is knowledge and help that is available to navigate this important time of life. I want to create a community, especially young people, who can learn and share and grow together.  I am looking forward to getting to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment